Low amniotic fluid...

Has anyone had this issue? What happened, how far along where you, did they induce you, did they put you on bed rest? What did it feel like when you baby moved did they move more or less than normal....sorry so many questions just a little worried. Thanks for you input

lil_momma_vdv

Asked by lil_momma_vdv at 6:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Low fluid means you need to drink more water and are dehydrated. Get a big glass of water and make sure to refill it often!
    Anonymous

• did they do an ultrasound and confirm it?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• There are few treatments for low amniotic fluid. Drinking more water may help. In some cases, bed rest is recommended. During labor, it may be possible to infuse saline into the sac holding your amniotic fluid to cushion the umbilical cord.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 9:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Drinking more water isn't going to cure it. Not if it's that low. With my first son, I was at 35 weeks, low fluid. As in you should have 5 cm of fluid in there and I had 1.7. I was put on an IV of fluid for 48 hours. But it didn't get over 2.5. So they induced. I was most likely "seeping" fluid.
    Second pregnancy, basically same scenario. Induced again. Both during the 35 week point. They were both developed wonderfully. To which we are very grateful for!!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2011