Teething

How old was your LO when they first started teething? My DD is 3 MO and is already starting to show behaviors indicating teething. I called her ped to ask if it was possible as I haven't known anyone who had their child start at this age, and he said she probably is starting. This wasn't one of the things I wanted my DD to be ahead of the curve on. LOL

mmsfirstone

Asked by mmsfirstone at 7:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No lots of babies start at 2 or 3 mths. Mine started around 2.5 to 3 mths....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Mine started at about 2 months, but just because they are showing signs of teething that young doesn't mean that they will get teeth that young. Sophie has been teething for 6 months now with no teeth whatsoever!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• ah good to know. I really wasn't sure what was typical.
    mmsfirstone

Comment by mmsfirstone (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Well if she is Drooling, has chin or face rash, is in pain, bites, has a small cough, does'nt want to eat as much, and pulls her ears or rubs her cheeks, she probably IS teething. Not all children have ALL these symptoms, but it's nice to know them.

In general, the first tooth arrives during the seventh month, but it may appear as early as two or three months (or even earlier) or as late as 12 (or even later). The teething patterns of Mom and Dad play a role, too; if either you or your spouse popped out your primary teeth early or late, your baby is more likely to do the same
    I hope this helped =) Good luck Mama =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011