Anyone given procardia for preterm labor?

I am 29 weeks pregnant and was in the hospital last friday with contractions 2 minutes apart. they gave me two shots of brethin at the hospital and slowed it down. they did a fetal fibronectin swab that came back negative. they now have me on procardia every 6 hours, but im still having contractions. I'm wondering if anyone else has been through this and how accurate and efficiant the swab and procardia is. My husband is wondering if I am still at a risk of having him early. My daughter was so easy and now my son, this pregnancy has been one thing after another. I'm hoping not too much longer but I dont want him coming too early.

credere0605

Asked by credere0605 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was on procardia AND terbutaline...ugh...I feel your pain. I was in L&D about 6 times before she was actually born. I was working 10 hour days on my feet ALL day....it was a nightmare. the side effects were the worst from that stuff...It's worth it and it did help. she came 4 days early and was almost 8 lbs. totally worth it in the end :) hang in there...as long as she's healthy that's what matters...I was also on IV a couple times...mine were bad like that too...so yes, it did work :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• the only other thing I can suggest with that, is rest, rest, rest..keep your feet UP and no sex, if your doc hasn't told you that.
    calliesmommie

• I havent been on it..but we know Doctors say they know best. I was on terbutaline and toradol with my son (4yrs ago) I went into labor at 27weeks also started losing my mucus plug at this time, I had my son at 34weeks healthy but still had to be on oxygen. I agree with PP ur rest is the best....keep that baby baking in there. NO SEX NO PICKING ANYTHING UP....shower..pee...eat bed..i know its sounds BLAH but u will do better if u do mama!! GL!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 9:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2011