Is/did your 1 yr old do these things at this age?

My dd is 13 months and I want to know what other toddlers her age are doing. I'd like to know if she is ahead, behing, or right where she's supposed to be in her development. Thanks

She can point and say the name of her feet, belly, nose, ears, and eyes.

Words/Sentences she can say:
doggy, kitty, ducky, teddy, outside, touch, thank you, want that, all done, boo, Santa, yummy, yes, no, mommy, dada, Dylan, Charlie, pretty, night-night, baba, drink, yay, up, ball, don't like, tickle
There might be more but that's what I can think of right now. She's also very good at following directions such as "get your ball and bring it to mommy." "Show be your nose." ect.
She will answer me or shake her head yes or no when I ask her a question. She can take off her shirt all by herself. She tries to put her socks and shoes on. She helps clean up..sometimes. She eats with both fork and spoon.

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 2:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like she is doing great!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• sounds good to me. My dd did all those things at a year.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Right on target.
    mommamatthews

Answer by mommamatthews at 2:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Wow, if Im not mistaken she is way ahead of schedual. Good for her! My 23 month old son is very smart but he chooses not to talk yet. We get a few words out of him every once in a while but he expect me to know what he wants I guess.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my son is 13 months old and does very little of what you listed - he can say maybe 5 words but you have to ask him to say them - like "Can you say mama?" then he will say it - he knows where his feet are and where to put his socks and shoes on - he points at where he wants to go - he knows where his nose, eyes , mouth and ears are but cannot say them - he will shake his head NO NO when he's done eating - that's really it though - sounds like she's doing great!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• That sounds just like my daughter, she is 13 months old 14 months the day after christmas. Her doctor says she is WAY above average. This is definately good, and really good for the moms. It just means your doing a great job. All children are different. I would just keep interacting with her. I try to teach my daughter at least 5 new words a day
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2008