Anyone have any experience with the calorie restriction diet?

How is a calorie restriction diet different from a weight loss diet?
It’s different in two ways. One is that it has a fundamentally different goal. The goal has nothing to do with weight loss. It’s really about health and longevity. Weight loss is, for many of us, an unfortunate consequence.

Also, people trying to design a weight loss diet might not end up designing one that is capable of promoting longevity. Some diets that are very controversial—like those that are high in protein or, paradoxically, high in fat—may not promote longevity. But it seems like they do promote weight loss, at least in the short term.

Read more: http://failuremag.com/index.php/feature/article/the_calorie_restriction_diet/#ixzz1PxQk2Rpf

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I haven't looked at the link, but never was I more liberated, fit and of a healthy weight since I abolished diets and calorie counting forever! Diet = constantly thinking about food, certainly for me. I feel free! I opt for healthy, colourful foods on a daily basis, I treat myself (I have a sweet tooth) and ensure I take exercise each day (not excessive). I avoid 'beige' food and processed foods and make good choices when snacking - it's become a way of life and I do it on autopilot. I would never go back to the hell of checking calories/weighing food/feeling hungry and craving food I didn't even want!!
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 8:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Just eat right and exercise.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• why not just eat what you want in moderation and exercise?? diets don't work...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011