Do you get aggravated when poeple TELL you they're going to watch your NOT YET BORN baby??

I'm 9 months now, and it seems like everyone is assuming that the moment that my little girl pops out that I'm going to just drop her off at their house...My hubby's grandmother, my mom, my 19 yr old sis, and my 14 yr old sis. ALL of them...
It aggravates me to NO end. And I'm not going to. Good God, the child isn't even born yet! I want her to myself for awhile, ya know? Lol. I don't plan on leaving her alone with anyone until she's a couple of months old. Maybe I'm being a little over-protected? Has anything like this happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Just for Fun

• God yes. My MIL was the worst. She only had boys so she was SO excited to have a grand-daughter and she would say she was going to cme pick her up whenever she wanted an they were going to go shopping. Well we didnt want her to be away from us for at least a few months. Well when I had her she kept our son for a few days. When i came home from the hospital and my SO went to get our son she was mad she was expecting him to bring our daughter and let her keep her for a few days. She was 3DAYS OLD. Well when she finally did get her she ouldnt even handle her. We had to go pick her up 1 hour after we dropped her off she couldnt get her to stop crying.

edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• OMG YES! my friggin mother in law did that, plus all my aunts and everybody really. I mean I carried her for nine months i want some time to get to know her! But dont worry you'll have all the time in the world. They hit about sixth months and your BEGGING those people to take them TRUST me lol
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• haha! Ok, at least I'm not the only one then!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• They're just as eager and excited as you are. They mean no harm. Really.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yep. In one of my other posts I stated how my 12 yr old sister in law has a fit about it. I'd tell them to back off and blame it on your hormones. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• What's so funny is that in the early months of my pregnancy, my mom constantly told me how she wasn't going to be a "babysitter". Now I'm 39 weeks and she constantly talks about how she wants to watch my daughter so my boyfriend and I can get other stuff done...I love reminding her that she's "not a babysitter" xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:54 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• No I didn't. They are just expressing their joy and anticipation. They are actually saying that they love you and will love the new baby and that the baby will be very welcome and loved in their care. They aren't demanding that you leave the baby with them, they are just saying they love you.

Answer by Bmat at 9:12 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It is better when they are new not to be exposed to tons of people they coud get the child sick and yup I wanted to enjoy them for myself espiacc/ you will worry about the childs schuele they don't have one for awhile they need mommy anyway
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I think they are just excited for you and that is there little way of offering to help. I would not take it too personally...there is nothing like a screaming baby to make well intentioned people disappear!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• you're on the right track! I totally get what u r feeling!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2008