My bubble has been burst :(

My current job is changing their works hours so I started looking for another job and my friend refereed me to hers, after a great interview last week and passing their typing test with great scores they called me yesterday to let me know that they were interested in me and offered me the position. I was on cloud 9! This was a nice office job, with my own cubicle, pay raise, and better hours. I told my husband and he was ecstatic! Today I was supposed to call to set up the appointment for the drug testing and to fill out the other paperwork, but instead they called me to tell me that they decided to retract their job offer because I don't meet the necessary criteria and they are looking for someone that they don't need to train.

Needless to say, I'm still crying. My husband and I really saw this as a great fresh start to our life, we were already planning for baby #3 since our income would go up...not anymore. Has something like this ever happened to you?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• it wasn't meant to be...that's what I feel...something better will come along...things ALWAYS happen for a reason...hugs to you and don't give up :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Next time this happens do not plan thing tell after you have the job. As in you went to work for the first day of work.

Answer by louise2 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thankfully I didn't mention it to anyone but my husband and the plans were more wishful thinking...now I know better.
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would have cried...so sorry.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 8:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• sorry that does stink :(
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I'm so sorry. That really stinks :-( I guess it's good it was just between you and your husband, but what a crushing experience.

I'm sorry, mama.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thanks girls, your comments really make me feel better :)
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yes it has happened to me. A job promise and not even the courtesy of returning calls once I arrived. Though I based a move on the job promise and it did put a huge strain on us financially, I figured anyone who would run hot and cold like that, would be a lousy person to work for.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 9:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• OMG I am so sorry. I would be heart broken as well. In fact, I would probably feel like cussing them out after that. I've really never had that happen to me before. That's just not right...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am so sorry. Next time, remember that a verbal offer is worth the paper it is written on.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011