Can you lose your mucous plug a little bit at a time...

or is it all at once?

pipsqueak01

Asked by pipsqueak01 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yep. It doesn't fall out all at once.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• For some women, it can be in one piece, for some it's many pieces. For me, it was a few small pieces, then a large one. All of these are normal. It can be clear, white, yellow, orange, brown, red or even green.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yea u can lose it at different times. I lost a little bit at a time while I was at home, then at the hospital after they broke my water it all came out... and I felt it and it was GROSS LOL
    MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• With my daughter I lost it in pieces over about 2 weeks time frame. Some women lose it in one piece and some dont lose it until labor starts. But just because you lose it doesnt mean labor will start right away, it could still be a few weeks off.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Agreed with PP i lost mine within 2weeks...just peices...but the begining it was just Chunky Discharge and found out that was my MP. Goodluck mama!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 9:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2011