Thoughts on this quote - athesim.

"Atheism: the belief, wait it's a belief? Like a *gasp* faith? No, wait, I can't believe, because I'm just a mass of goo that thinks I have consciousness. Dang it, I can't think that either. That can't be good. What do I mean by "good?" Why do I think anything is good or evil? Have I really thought about this or do I just say it because I think "smart people" should? Oh well, it doesn't matter... yet."

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 8:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Sounds like something someone who dislikes atheists came up with to show what they think atheists think, but they merely come off sounding uneducated so it's clear a real atheist wouldn't have said it.......Mass of goo? WTF is that? It's either a reference to the common gene pool which is clearly grossly misunderstood by the speaker, or the person is not aware of the spinal column possessed by the human species in addition to it's muscle system.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• sounds like a quote from someone who is seriously putting down atheism. And someone who TRULY has no TRUE concept of what atheism is.

I've VERY offended by it because it has NOTHING to do with atheism.. atheism.. by definition is just the lack of belief in a higher power or God. That's it. It doesn't mean they don't have beliefs in anything. Or theories.. etc. They could believe in an after life and still be atheist. You don't need a God, to have faith, or beliefs.. for instance, when you marry, you do it on the faith in your husband to love you, for him not the cheat, etc. When you accept theories, that's a belief, because theories AREN'T fact, they are simply theories. to take that theory to heart you have to belief in it.
    As far as the mass of goo, that's just stupid! OBVIOUSLY it's a fact that we have bones.. so being a big mass of goo is just plain stupid on the quoters part.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It sounds like a quote given by a person who can't just accept that different people have different beliefs
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 8:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Sounds like an answer a dumb contestant in a beauty pageant would say...

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Seriously?

this "mass of goo" doesn't even know what to say!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Sounds like something you'd hear in the freshman hallway on the way to homeroom.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Sounds like the Christian version of what "some" Atheists say about them here on CM-
    Oh and its bound to piss off quite a few -
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think its a stupid quote. I wonder what the real meaning behind this post is? Trying to stir some crap up? I find it real  funny how christians want their beliefs respected then post this garbage.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You asked our opinions on the quote, you got them......what more do you want?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• "@Kristi ... meh, I guess that makes up for all the times that you've spelled God with a little a "g." "

oh come on, how stupid is that??? I can name countless reasons why people use a small "g" rather than a big "G"..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011