Kissing

Um, how do I keep my 13 yr old daughter from kissing and getting serious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• you cant. she will kiss with or without your permission, however you can talk to her about self respect and what is appropariate in a relationship at this age, to help her not go further.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Would you allow her to kiss in your own home if you felt like you had no other choice? And what kind of kissing is going to far?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Should I talk to my daughter and her crush and set my limits,or would that be too much?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Making out is too far, casual pecks here and there are ok at 13 and yes I would let her in my own home, but she most likely is not going to kiss someone right in front of you, like if they are watching a movie, and when she thinks youre not watching.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Absolutely talk to them both, and if they are uncomfterable you can tell them that if they feel old enough to kiss they should be old enough to talk about it too
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I just saw her on her bed the door wide open and another girlgriend their and him on top of her kissing. I got spooked and didn't say anything.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would say that is going too far, deffinately need to sit them all down and talk about what is appropariate
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You need to set limits....such as no boys in your room...ect..I wasn't even allowed to date until I was 16. I did do stuff without my parents knowing...kissing boys and such but not at 13...I think that is too young to be involved with a boy in any way other than friends. Our daughter won't be able to go out on dates until 16 but if she wants to bring a boy over to our house, they can be downstairs with the rest of family (which means no funny business). If she has a problem with that she can get over it. If I caught my 13 yr old daughter in her bed with a boy on top of her kissing she would be in a world of trouble!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• um, by not letting her date at that age.. or at the very least supervising any "dates".
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I definitely would not let her have a boy in her room at the age of 13!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 9:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2011