A spin off on my other question about the 12 yr old SIL.

As I said in the other post I don't want her to watch him cuz she refuses to change his diaper. But then I realized that I don't want her around him PERIOD. I don't want her to hold him, touch him, anything. It's JUST her though. Whenever she approaches me when I have him I get so irritated. When she asks to hold him I get upset. WHY is this? I feel bad for feeling this way... but I do. Why do you think I feel like that????

Please no bashing!!!

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 2:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I had similar reactions with my SS when I brought DD home (DD is now 4). Granted there is a difference in our experiences cause SS was only about 3 at the time, but anyway...
    I was sent to see a "shrink" and they diagnosed me with PPD and generalized anxiety disorder. The GAD is what caused me to react that way toward SS, have it checked out, it couldn't hurt. Also if you are breastfeeding and worried about going on meds, just talk to your LC and they should be able to help figure out what meds are "safe" while BFing :)
    Anya0409

Answer by Anya0409 at 3:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• because you dont trust her! mothers sense these things trust yourself theres a good reason for it
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 2:48 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Because she's a kid? If they're comparing her privileges to that of a 19 year old, something is seriously off. Maybe its because she's spoiled.

Either way, its a kid.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Cuz it's your baby and you don't want to share? idk. if you think about it, a new baby to a 12 year old is something really interesting. You should just forget about your differences and maybe start over with her, mentor her or something, get along, and just enjoy that she's part of your baby's family too. Or maybe, it's some sort of competition because she's the baby, and now you just brought a baby into the home and he's more important to everyone now, sort of like a jealously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Dec. 13, 2008