How was your cruise experience?

We plan on going on our first cruise in October. me hub and 3 daughters 12, 7,5.

alboston

Asked by alboston at 8:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Travel

• I have loved the last 5 to the Caribbean and will soon take another to Alaska. We love to snorkle so the Caribbean is wonderful. Do your homework on the ports so that you have a plan. The Carnival cruises we have been on were actually not filled with just young people drinking, rather they were filled with a wide range of ages. The Royal Caribbean cruises have been great. The food has been good to great, lots to do, with dancing, shows (some are cheesy but that is part of the fun), ice carving, etc. I love being on the water. A good site to get more information is cruisecritic dot com
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• EXCELLENT!! I have been on tons of cruises & they were all Great! I love the ships, food, activities, shore excursions, nightlife, kids activities! You simply cannot get more for your money then on a cruise. Enjoy!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I have never been on a cruise but would be nice to take one some day
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It all depends on the cruise line. I have been on several different ones and they all have good points depending on what you are looking for. Obviously Disney is the best for kids, Holland America for older people, Carnival is the party ship with lots of young people who are getting schnockered. I loved Royal Caribbean Navigator. The ships were great, the only port that I was ever overly impressed with was Bermuda and we spent 3 days there. The Caribbean is overrated. I want to go on a Mediterranan or Alaskan cruise. Which line and ship are you going on?
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 7:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Wonderful!!!!!!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Meh, it was ok. But there were too many kids on the ship to where we couldn't even enjoy the main pool, or even being on the main deck. The food was ok, the drinks were expensive. Some of the clubs were fun. But hub and I aren't big gamblers or shoppers, so the day time was BORING, especialyl since we couldn't enjoy the pool.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Lame. I don't get it. There's lots and lots of food, but it's garbage. The entertainment is cheesy. The Ocean gets boring. Hope you enjoy it though.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2011