Braxton Hicks

How far along were you when u first felt braxton hicks? What did they feel like? I am having lots of cramping at 25 weeks. Never felt braxton hicks with other two pregnancies.

Amanda A.

Asked by Amanda A. at 8:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it felt like my belly getting really tight.. sometimes they were uncomfortable.. I started getting them around 22-24 wks.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• and if u feel ur belly it will be hard when u are having one. if u lay on ur left side and drink plenty of water that should help them.. it helped me ..but u may want to ck with ur dr just to make sure thats what they are.. hope this helps ! good luck and congrats!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I got them a bit later than that, around 30ish weeks and had them basically until I actually went into labor. Don't listen when doctors tell you that most women don't even notice them or think they aren't painful. I had a male doc tell me that, and my response was "How do you know? Have you ever felt one?"....in my opinion men or women that haven't ever had children shouldn't try to tell you things like that.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I was around 30 weeks when I started getting them. I get them more often now that I am 36 weeks pregnant. Most of the time I can just feel my belly tighten but sometimes they are uncomfortable and I can feel cramping in my back as well. I never had them with my 1 st pregnancy and if I did I didnt notice them.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i started getting them around 30 weeks i think it was kind of hard to tell that they were contractions but i am 35 weeks 5 days now and sometimes they get a little painful and uncomfortable
    aytch13

Answer by aytch13 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I started getting them at about 16 weeks but I always get them and they are bad for me.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011