WILL MY BABY COME BEFORE MY DUE DATE OR AFTER?

My due date is december 31st and im so excited because i have a oppertunity to have a new years baby!! but im thinking its probably going to come in january, or it could come sooner...any thoughts?

SHAFAWN

Asked by SHAFAWN at 9:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if its ur first one it could come 2 weeks early. but if not mabey one week arly or ight on ur due date bth mine came 2 weeks early then one week early
    Creasman

Answer by Creasman at 9:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I'm due Jan 1 and would love a new years baby but i normally go early. There's no way to tell exactly when you will go into labor unless they scheduled an induction or c section.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Babies come when they are ready! It also depends on your health, health of baby etc.....there is no telling if you will go on or before or after your due date, if its your first baby your a bit more likely to go over, but its something you will just have to wait and see on.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You will not know that for a long time...and there is really no way to tell, unless they tell you at your ultrasound that you are measuring bigger or smaller..ect....but wait until the 20 week ultrasound to gauge that because the 12 week ultrasound isn't a good estimate...I am due dec 30 and my baby was only measuring 9 wks 3 days at my ultrasound when I was 10 weeks, but my daughter was the same way, she only measured at 9 weeks when I was 10 weeks but she still came right around her due date...Her due date was Oct 8, I went into labor on the 9th and she was born in the morning on the 10th.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• my first 3 came 4 weeks early and my twins came 16 weeks early it all depends on your body. Me I did alot of walking which brought on my first 3 babies that early.
    HELPMEPLEASE5

Answer by HELPMEPLEASE5 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• They say that most first time mothers go past their due dates. At least thats what I've ever where. My daughter was born 1 week late. Like mentioned above the only true way to know when you'll give birth is if you have a scheduled induction or c section and that isnt always 100%. My step mom was scheduled to have a c section with my youngest sister and she ended up going into labor a few days before that. I'm 36 weeks pregnant now and my son is measuring at 39 weeks gestation so technically that means he should be here next week but I'm not holding my breathe lol.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• you never really get to know when your baby is going to come. mine was due on 3/24. I was scheduled to have a c-section on 3/17 but went into labor on the evening of 3/15, so I had to have the c-section one day earlier. unfortunately there is no guarantee when they decide to make their debut. best of luck tho!
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 10:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If you can figure out a way to know the exact day you will go into labor naturally you'll be a billionaire. Try not to focus so much on having a specific day that would be best to have your baby born. Your baby will cone on the most special day of all- his birthday.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Only baby knows for sure.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2011