is this normal

my 4 yearold just started sleep taking is this normal and last nght she was screaming in her sleep

Autumn634

Asked by Autumn634 at 3:12 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my four year cusin dose the same thing and i cant figure out why either!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my son has done this on and off all his life. but since your 4 year old JUST started this behavior I would also be concerned and try to figure out what may have happened or be happening to trigger this behavior
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• thank you
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I find my daughter talking in her sleep
    JLucas314

Answer by JLucas314 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my son talks in his sleep too. sometimes he cries and one time he was really scared and was yelling. nightmares begin around 3-4, the experts say, so its very likely she is having a nightmare. Talk to your pediatrician, but I think sleep talking is normal and everyone does it sometimes while some do it all the time.
    genkimom

Answer by genkimom at 5:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Could be night terrors too. My son used to have them. He'd be unconsolable, with a glazed look in his eyes. And they say not to try to comfort them, which is SO hard.... Talk to your pediatrition too if you are really concerned... Good luck.
    frankiesmom125

Answer by frankiesmom125 at 1:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2008