Am i wrong??

My son has been doing so good potty training!! He has been in underwear with one mistake so was i wrong to buy him a toy for being so good??

We have during the day mastered!! We are working on night time. So i got night time pull ups. So I am hoping that does the trick. We still have some issues with poops on the potty but he has kinda gotten that. He had a two hour nap today with just his underwear on and he did great so I am hoping for a dry night...

Would you guys wake him up once or twice to go or would you just let them sleep. Sorry i know this is all over the place and I am so happy we made it thru a week just a little scared for tonight!!

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I never would have gotten my first daughter trained without rewards. She took a while to night time train but she got a sticker for her chart for every dry night and then got a reward after a certain number of stickers. I lucked out with my 2nd daughter. She was easy and didn't need rewards, the only incentive she needed was that she wanted to be like her big sister. I personally wouldn't wake them up in the night but I think it depends on the kid. My sister did have to wake her boys. I would limit drinks for a few hours before bedtime, especially carbonated or sugary drinks, and make sure they go right before bed. Good luck!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You are not wrong to reward him, but don't only reward him with a toy...give him plenty of positive reinforcement....this will show him that not peeing/pooping in his pants makes you really happy and is a good thing and it will motivate him to keep at it. The toy might help, but you don't want him to think that every time he does something good he will get a toy...so mix it up! Congrats by the way!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Honestly we left our kids in nighttime pullups until they woke up dry and then we praised and praised and praised them and said, oh look, the (sparkles, Buzz Lightyears, whatever) are still there!! After they were dry a few nights we tried underpants. After 2-3 nights in underpants they stayed dry. I honestly didn't see any rush to train at nighttime (other than the cost of pullups, which isn't too terrible at just one a night), so we waited until we saw they were ready and then just took the pullups away.
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i have to put pull ups on my boy for the night time but when i dont have any i just wake him up enough to rasie up and i put his potty toilet thing under him then when he is done he goes back to bed but for my son i have to wake him at 3 and bout 7ish.
    Creasman

Answer by Creasman at 9:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• When we were night training the kids we would carry them to the toilette before we went to bed and they would pee. Usually didn't wake up or they went straight back to sleep.
    As for the toy why not. We had a reward chart and when ds filled every spot he took it to the store to "pay" for his toy.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2011