If your husband was a raging alcoholic and drove drunk

And killed a family, would you stay with him if he sobered up, did the classes he was supposed to do and never drank again?

This hasn't happened to me, I am writing a paper.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• YEAH I WOULD....HES A HUMAN BEING.IM AN OLD DRUG ADDICT AND ALCOHOLIC,AND I UNDERSTAND WHAT ADDICTION IS AND HOW IV DESTROYED PEOPLES LIFES, AND HURT THEM (NEVER KILLED ANYONE, OR INDANGERED) AND NOW THAT IM DOING RIGHT, I LOOSE SLEEP OVER THE THOUGHTS OF THE PEOPLE I HURT, AND I NEED PEOPLE FOR SUPPORT SO THAT I DONT CONTINUE ON T HAT PATH
    Ladylost1904

Answer by Ladylost1904 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't be with my husband if he was drunk, and if he drove drunk...hell no. My husband does have a beer every now and then, he does get drunk every now and then, but he does not drive.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Everyone deserves forgiveness. It would be a difficult thing to go through but if love was still there then I feel sure I would support my husband - however, he would indeed never drink alcohol again.
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 9:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I don't think I'd be able to stay with him. My husband likes to drink - as do I but neither of us has ever driven drunk. I don't think there is an excuse to defend that, whether they got themselves sober or not. A drunk driver nearly killed me and caused me to lose my son when I was 6 months pregnant 4 years ago - not only did she cause the death of my first son she was caught after her 11 year old daughter called the cops because she and her two younger siblings were in the truck when their mother hit me.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Hell no. I would be the number one advocate to put him in jail.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Sorry can't help you. I wouldn't be married to a guy like that

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If my husband drove drunk he wouldn't be my husband anymore and he would not be allowed to drive with our son ever again. If he killed a family or anyone he wouldn't see his son again. Drunk driving is a preventable choice and should be punished harshly.
    Anonymous

• assume he was caught
    so he would be in jail for a very long time
    i d o not see myself staying with a person who was a raging drunk
    and did not try to change before causing the deaths of a family

an accident, yes i can support a person, but this was not an accident
    AND he would be gone in jail for a very long time, so i think i would not be with him
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• its really hard to say. i really love DH & everyone deserves forgiveness, but i dont know if i could look at him the same way. i would try, but it would take a long time for me to be able to trust him again.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I dont think I would stay,IMO alcohol/drug use is a choice,you know what will happen if you drink/drug.the family/friends you are hurting yet you choose to use that drug or drink. You have the choice of saying no,making new friends,walking away....
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 1:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2011