Good books for a Christmas present?

What are some books out there?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 3:22 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Clan of the Cave Bear, The Valley of Horses, The Mammoth Hunters, The Plains of Passage, The Shelter of Stones, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Harry Potter, Twilight Series, Inkheart, Inkspell, lol I got more! What genre are you looking for exactly? Sci fi? Non fiction? Historical?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:54 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I don't know who you're buying for, but I had an uncle that I didn't know what to buy for, and I bought him one of those Uncle John's Bathroom Readers--that are filled with facts and funny stories. He absolutely loved it!
    I personally love the Sookie Stackhouse Series and the Twilight Series. I love all of Pat Conroy's books and I love a lot of the classics. Someone got me a beautiful leather bound collection of Shakespeare on year and I love it.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 4:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I've chosen a 1 yr. subscript. to "Hi-Lights for children" as a gift for my granddaughter. I grew up loving this magazine. Still read it in the doctor's waiting room!
    25beengoodtome

Answer by 25beengoodtome at 1:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• For an adult or child? My teens would tell you the Twilight series. For a baby or young child I suggest Someday, it is beautiful.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• depends on what they like... good stories... "Swan Song" ; "Circle of Stones"; "In the Sea of Time" series by S.M. Sterling... about a modern day town being stuck in 1200 bc. good war books... check out turtledove... good horror... "The Decent" . If you need more suggestions feel free to e-mail me with more details on what your looking for.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Everything mentioned above, plus the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, the Brotherhood of War series by W.E.B. Griffin, anything by Cornelia Funke (yeah, they're kids' books, but good reading for any age). J.K. Rowling just published The Tales Of Beedle The Bard, a companion book to the Harry Potter series. Watership Down.
    jlknudsen5478

Answer by jlknudsen5478 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• What ages?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• If the person is a woman and the woman likes comedy try AnitaRenfroe.com she has some great christmas books
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 3:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• She's 18 and a co-worker
    starbucks_mama

Answer by starbucks_mama at 4:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2008