What exactly happen when Satan tempted Eve?

How did the Devil convince Eve to disobey God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Religious Debate

• My goodness, I never knew so many people didn't really understand this story! I'll see if I can explain it for all of you.
    First off, Adam was put in charge. He was supposed to protect Eve, even before Original Sin (eating the apple). Now they were living in the garden of Eden, so just what was he supposed to protect Eve from? Satan. So when Satan tempted Eve, Adam had already failed. Next, God told them that if they ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, they would die. Satan challenged that. They ate, and they didn't die immediately, but they did die. Before they ate, there had been no death. They would have lived forever. But they ate, and they died of old age. Next, God slew some animals and clothed them in skins. Until that moment, there had been no animal death, either. Adam, Eve, and all the animal kingdom were herbivores. Their Original Sin brought about pain, heartache, death and destruction.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 12:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It helps to go to the book of Genesis and read it and then ask the Lord to give you understanding. He will.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Genesis! Read it
    Anonymous

• Kristi its not considered a lie & i can explain it. many believe Adam & Eve never aged or would have died in the Garden. but once they ate the fruit they became mortal and eventually died.

anon, Satan told Eve she'd be like God & apparently she thought that would be a good thing ( i know i would). so basically she was punished for wanting to be wise. its one of the main reasons i think A&E is just a metaphor created by man to explain why women should be under men.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Rough overview, God said she would die if she so much as touched the tree,
    ---
    God did not tell them not to touch the tree. Eve added HER thoughts to what God had said.

God says if tehy eat from it they will die, they eat from it and they don't die
    ---
    They suffered a spiritual death because their sin seperated them from God. Physically, no they didn't drop dead right then, but death did occur. "For dust you are, and to dust you shall return. (Gen.3:19)

As for the curse...God didn't curse Adam, but the ground. As a result, Adam's life would be markd by toil, thorns and thistles, and sweat.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You know I read the passage on the link Kristi provided and all it mentions is a serpent. So where EXACTLY does it say this serpent is Satan?? Women get a bad rap all over the bible. It just starts with Eve. Since she had no "knowledge" prior to eating she could have easily been swayed. Some protector Adam turned out to be. Not only did he epically fail to protect her, he went along with it himself. And who leaves a plate of cookies on the table to tempt their kids into eating them even when you specifically said not to?? I keep things I don't want my children to have out of reach and out of sight.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• HAAAAA MamaK88!!
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 10:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Satan tempted Eve by getting her to doubt God's goodness. He suggested that God was strict, stingy, and selfish for not wanting Eve to share his knowledge of good and evil. Satan made Eve forget all that God had given her and focus on the one thing she couldn't have.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• There is no biblical proof that Satan ever tempted Eve. The serpent did. WITCHQUEEN

I thought you were better educated on the bible than Christians???? Revelation 12:9 and 20:2 referenced Satan to be the serpent. Geesh.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2011