Which gym class should I take???

On Monday I took a weight lifting class. On Wednesday I have the option to take a weight lifting class or spinning. The problem is I can not make it to the gym as often as I like so which class would be the most benifical and why??

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Switch it up! Go to spin one day - do weight lifting the next. If you do weight lifting, if you can spare 15 extra minutes, jump on the treadmill, elliptical or bike before hand to get your body warmed up and add a little cardio. Spin is lots of fun and it's what you make of it. Don't be afraid to turn the tension up to see how hard you can make it - you can always turn it back down if it's to heavy. I try to hit a spin class at least twice a week and either do my own strength or attend a weight class 3x.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would say the spinning. You can always get a dvd and weights and do that at home.
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Agreed spinning, I have never done it but would like to try, I hear it works!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Hi-energy/fast-paced classes always get my vote - I find the toning-type classes a complete yawn-fest!
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 10:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Oh, and switching it up helps keep it interesting. Only doing the same class over and over can get boring plus your body will get used to it and you won't get as much benefit.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2011