What is your absolute favorite novel and who is the author?

My favorite novel is Pride and Predjudice by Jane Austen. I have real all her novels and just wish that she had written more than just 6 novels before she died in her mid 40's.

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 10:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Entertainment

• Jane Austen is my favorite as far as classics go, but I prefer Emma. My favorite current author is Lauren Willig , she writes the Pink Carnation series, she compares to a modern day Jane Austen. Her books are set in that time period and are really wonderful, I highly recommend her.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Ooh very difficult to pick an all-time favourite from so many, but one that I loved and would recommend would be 'She's Come Undone' by Wally Lamb. It's brilliant, you totally understand the main character - Delores - and hard to believe it was written by a man.
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 10:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Walden by Henry David Thoreau.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Harry Potter J.K rowling
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 10:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I am new to reading, I am responding to look for suggested reads. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i agree, there are so many . Classics - I think War and Peace by Tolstoy is unbeatable . i suppose Dr Zhivago by Boris Pasternak is the more modern Russian equivalent , there is so much more to the book than the movie as is so often the case.

My favourite modern writer is A.S,Byatt whose novel ' Possession " was also made into a movie . Her sister is Margaret Drabble, also a very good novelist . Sarah Waters is another writer , a young woman whose novels are exceptional and who will probably have a great future . .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2011