she wont sleep!

and that means i dont sleep! my 12 month old still wont sleep through the night! what dod i do?

Sydneysmomma05

Asked by Sydneysmomma05 at 4:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is almost 12 months and she just started sleeping through the night (well she wakes up and wants some milk at about 5 and then goes back to sleep), but she's never slept through the night regularly until now. I just put her on a schedule, whereas before I just did things when she was ready. Like when she started to get tired I would give her a nap whenever...but now she only gets one nap a day at 1pm and I won't let her sleep past three. She takes a bath at 8pm then we "clean up our toys and say goodnight to them" about 8:30 then we read whatever books she wants until about 8:50 and I start rocking her to sleep. It took about a week for her to get used to it, but now she is sleeping through the night!! I am so thrilled now! Maybe this will help...
    iLuVmYMaDiSoN07

Answer by iLuVmYMaDiSoN07 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my son is up right now he sleeps through the night most of the time but not tonight . Does your baby take naps during the day. I try to limit his naps and that will make him sleep all night. How many naps does she take and for how long???
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:02 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• At the moment my 5mo old is having trouble sleeping and so when he starts crying he wakes his youngest brother up, who is also sleeping in our bedroom he is 17mo old and they both wake up then and sometimes wake they're 3 older brothers up who are still very young themselves and its like dominoes in our house for most of the night its like having twins etc. because they all want a bottle or juice. Limiting naps is a good idea.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 7:20 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Love those moments, our little ones grow too fast! you can sleep later, or go to bed earlier in the evenings.
    25beengoodtome

Answer by 25beengoodtome at 1:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2008