Contractions

i am almost 30 weeks pregnant and have been havin braxton hicks, they have been getting really bad if i even stand up i have one and its not real pain but it is getting more than uncomfortable. is this normal or could it be a sign of something?

megan825

Asked by megan825 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• drink alot of water see if it helps i did this too but whn i went to the doc they gave me pills to stop mine dont see y but they did. but ya just rest and drink alot of water or u could call ur hospital to c what they say?
    Creasman

Answer by Creasman at 11:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i go to the doc tomorrow im just really worried about it..do you think she will check my cervix to make sure they are not true contractions?
    megan825

Comment by megan825 (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Braxton hicks are totally normal. They can be more painful for some women more than others. Make sure you are drinking lots of water, and get some rest. As long as they are not coming regularly (every 5 minutes lasting for 1 min for an hour), then you should be fine. But, never feel embarrassed to call the doc if you are feeling unsure :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Try sleepy time tea... with my last baby i started having them a 4 months and a friend gave me this advice that she got from her midwife. It was wonderful advice and I drank so much I wanted stock options in the company...lol. But keep your doctor informed because if they turn real you will want to try to stop going early at least for a few more weeks also slow down and take it easy.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 12:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011