Bed time help!!!

i FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO PULL MY HAIR OUT AT NIGHT!!!! I GET TOLD MY SON SHOULD BE GOING A SLEEP ALONE AND I TOTALLY AGREE SO THAT IS WHAT I DO. SO ONCE HE GETS OUT OF BED I PUT HIM BACK IN AND THAN I GET YELLED AT BECAUSE HE IS CRYING FOR ME.. I GET THAT AND I WANNA GO IN AND TELL HIM IT IS OKAY BUT HE NEEDS TO LEARN TO GO TO BED BY HIM SELF!!!!!

THAN IT TAKES US TWO HOURS TO GET HIM A SLEEP!!! IM AT A WITS END AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ELSE TO DO.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE....WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO??

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How old is your little one? A clear bedtime routine that never changes might help I.e. Food, bath, bedtime story and then bed at the same time each night. Sometimes developmental stages can upset sleeping patterns. If he gets out of bed then take him back but don't speak - gently put him back into bed and repeat and he should learn to self-soothe in time. It is a very tough stage to go through, good luck! Perhaps the person shouting at you could offer some support?
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 11:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• he is three and a half.
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2011