I need need help with an objective for my resume! Or how can I spruce up my resume?

Any ideas/examples?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Mel, I am working in HR and am graduating with my BS in hr in December. They are so NOT a thing of the past. You need to customize each objective to the job you're applying for. Do some research on each company and tailor your objective to meet their goals as well as your own. There are alot of websites you can reference to build a great one! Good luck!
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 12:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• your objective somewhat has to match your skills and the job you're after....nobody can help you if you don't give more details

spruce up resume - use numbers to show how you helped previous employers if you can (helped boost customer service ratings 80%, improved efficiency 50%, .stuff like that)
    Anonymous

• Google resume building there are some great free sites that offer templates for resumes and lots of good suggestions. I have been told that the objective is not really necessary unless the jobs you list are sort of random and you want them to know what type of job you are looking for. Check out the experts online. Also copy it onto really nice heavy paper in a neutral color and make sure there are NO misspellings or grammar mistakes--reviewers hate that.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 11:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I was told that objectives are a thing of the past. I don't have one on my resume.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Be specific and concise. State what you can do for them and what they can do for you:

I am looking for a long term position with a reputable company where I can expand my current "skill set" and advance from within....

What are you applying for? I also recommend a 1 paragraph cover letter if you are applying online. Do your research and be forward thinking. Assume the interview by closing with something like: I look forward to speaking with you about XYZ opportunity at your earliest convenience.

And please make sure to use spell check.  Resumes with typos rarely make it to the next point.

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2011