Would you pay to have a party planner and host for your kids Bday party?

How much?

What would you expect in return/for your $. (besides not having to deal with a dirty messed house after party is over ie.. off site party)

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 11:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Entertainment

• No. I love planning and having parties.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• nope- that is something I would never do.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 11:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No, I want to do a good job for my kids party. I shouldn't have to pay someone for something that I'm perfectly capable of doing myself.
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 11:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• no...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No i would never even consider it.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• paying a party planner for a childs bday party sounds absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. unless you have money to blow like that or an extremely busy schedule, i find it completely lazy. party planners are for weddings and things of that nature.
    Danielle10384

Answer by Danielle10384 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would consider it. We recently had an adoption party at an indoor play place. They took care of food, drink, clean-up, hired a photographer and a balloon artist. We also had the entire venue to oursleves.  I still selected a theme and had the cupcakes and cake topper designed and delivered. It was a very stressful time as we had quite a few out or town guests and were also in the middle of moving. I cherished the thought of zero clean-up and to me photos are priceless. Being able to mingle without trying to take pictures is wonderful. I do agree it may be over the top for a child's birthday party. I suppose it depends on their age... :)

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree with love2snorkel70. I like to enjoy the party... my last sons party all I did was run and did not enjoy it while his every other weekend dad enjoyed and took credit for the whole thing and did nothing but come and be a guest... he would not even pay a $1 for a movie rental needed for the dinner and movie themed party. Then left without cleaning the mess. I wouldn't pay the cost of a house for a kids party but a simple fee for a hassle free enjoyable party to me would be priceless.
    Mommy_Aiken

Comment by Mommy_Aiken (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• not a professional to plan but maybe pay a neighborhood teen ager to make sure the food/drinks are ready and help clean up
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2011