Do you guys think that having....

Do you guys think it is a good idea OR bad idea and why...to have a day care in or next to the school?? Also if they are still in school free day care???

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I taught in a school system that had daycare for the students and teachers. It was a bit disconcerting picking up your toddler and talking about cheer practice or prom, but after a while it became normal. We were all moms, loving our kids and doing the best we can. It kept the teens in school and was super convienent for teachers. Win-win
    tangledteach

Answer by tangledteach at 12:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• What's done is done. I think every teen mom deserves the opportunity to finish highschool even if it means free daycare.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It does appear to encourage teen pregnancy, but I would want to make it as easy as possible for those young moms. There life is hard enough already.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yea I agree to a point but At the same time I think the high school is supporting it!!! Which in the long run could cause more.
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• a daycare in school isn't encouraging kids to get pregnant but it does stop some from having to drop out of school if anything is encouraging young girls to get pregnant it's shows like teen mom and pregnant at 16 nothing better then saying "hey get pregnant and be on tv woohoo" i support daycares in schools sure they made a bad decision but dropping out of school is so much worse
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 3:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2011