How many?

how many did you buy receiving blankets,blankets bottles,outfits...etc...

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 11:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD2 is 22 days old.

I have probably 15 receiving blankets, They make good burp clothes.

I have about 7 heavier blankets.

I am BFing, but pump some so we are using bottles. I have about 9, but we've only opened 2. I have 2 soft cup nursing bras, one underwire, 3 night time nursing bras, and 6 nursing tanks.

As far as clothes, she's in preemie clothes so we don't have a whole lot, probably 10 sleepers with feet, maybe 3 without feet, and probably 6 onesies, and 9 gowns (but they are too big). She's a spitty baby (reflux), so we do go through several clothes. I do laundry every day, so I've managed to stay caught up on it so far (there are 5 of us now).

Once she grows into bigger sizes, I have tons more. The only thing that I don't have a lot of is 12 months for next summer.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• too many to count lol
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 11:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Lol way to many. I didnt have a baby shower so everything I got i brought!!!
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Too many blankets and clothes. I did not spend any $ what so ever on bottles and I enjoyed that fact the most..that is another beauty of Bf!
    griefstrickin

Answer by griefstrickin at 2:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• When it comes to children, less is better! Too many families buy too much stuff, and complain that their children never play with half their toys.
    Of course, how much you buy depends on how often you want to do laundry, what your budget is, and how much storage space you have. Four or five receiving blankets should be plenty, unless you have to use a laundromat, and can only go every other week. For heavier blankets.. you aren't supposed to use ANY blankets in the crib now, according to current safety standards. You can dress your baby in warmer pajamas, but you are supposed to lay him in the crib without a blanket at all. You can use one or two heavier blankets for carrying him out to the car, and that's about it. Bottles? If you plan to breastfeed most of the time, then one or two bottles for emergencies. If you are bottle-feeding, then a dozen is fine. You may want to read about plastic verses glass bottles first.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 2:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• How many outfits, depends on the season your baby is born! If he's a summer baby, then you need only a couple of outfits, as he may just lay around in onesies much of the time. Remember that he will grow fast, and will outgrow those darling outfits before he gets a chance to wear them more than once! Also, do you work and take him to daycare? Then he'll need more outfits than if you are a SAHM. Five outfits might be enough. You'll have to judge for yourself.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 2:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my baby is now 8 months and I still buy it all
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 10:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Too much! Lots of newborn outfits never got worn. I could have done with half a dozen onesies and would never have had to wash one before he grew out of them; it was THAT fast.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2011