What qualities do you look for in a man?

What do you think the most important qualities are when looking for a mate? Are looks very important to you?

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 11:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• No, I thought my man was kinda ugly when I first saw him but he is so kind and loving, he is the hottest man alive!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• This is a good question! SO n I are having major problems because he doesn't communicate and he's not at all affectionate when he's stressed. Double whammy! So we will be going to couples therapy as a result of this.

#1 Communication!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• HONESTY. My 1st husband was a big cheater.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Honest and open, loyal, hardworking, family orientated......
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Uber hot with a big penis :) lol jk. I think that values are big. You have to have a similar set of values. Honesty, communication, good heartedness(so not a word), loyalty and respect. Yeah, hotness kinda matters, but I've never seen anything sexier than a dad wrangling his kids in public and not even breaking a sweat.
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 12:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If he can make me laugh and smile and generally be happy, that's more than enough. (:
    FoolForLove

Answer by FoolForLove at 12:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• good sense of humor, trustworthy, good communicator, respectful, & willing to provide for his family (either w/ as the breadwinner or SAHD).

looks are important in that i have to be attracted to him. if im not physically attracted to him, then he's just a friend. luckily, DH is a good looking guy AND has all the qualities above :D
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:36 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• When I first met my now-DH, honesty was something I focused on, since the last person I had dated was a big fat liar. lol I also loved that he had a sense of humor, and I immediately felt safe with him. I'm also not one to focus on looks, but I have to admit he was HOT then, and has only gotten hotter with age :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2011