Obs and predictions?

How correct do you think an obs prediction as to when you will deliver is? Wondering how trust worthy there predictions are lol.

Destins_Mommy

Asked by Destins_Mommy at 12:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had nurses and doctors alike tell me there was no way I'd make it to my scheduled induction since I was already 4cm dilated... But I did. I was 3cm from 39 weeks on and at 41 weeks was 4cm, never felt a contraction til the piton was in my arm :S
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 3:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• When I conceived, i knew the date I conceived. Therefore, my OBs prediction is only a ballpark figure for me. I go by when I know I conceived, not my last period.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My daughter was due on Feb 5th and she was born on the 12th
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 12:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Most predictions I've heard are along the lines of "You definitely won't make it to your due date." I think it's a lot to do with wanting to make mom happy and tell her what she wants to hear.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I know the due dates can always be off a bit but my dr says he thinks ill be delivering 2 weeks earler than my due date which has me wondering if he is correct 2 weeks early seems sudden to me lol.
    Destins_Mommy

Comment by Destins_Mommy (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Honestly it all really depends on baby and when he/she is ready. My due date with my daughter changed 3 times and she was born a week after the last due date. So no one really knows when baby will be born.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If you know the date of your last cycle I've always have heard within 2 weeks
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 11:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2011