How do you knowwhen baby drops?

Last couple days I have noticed alot of twitching and pressure in my pelvic area i can feel her move every now and then in there to. Was wondering if maybe she has dropped? And also how long after the baby dropped did you deliver? Thankyou for any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• YOU WILL PEE EVERY 3 MIN no joke and lots of pressure and pain
    Yoko_Loc0

Answer by Yoko_Loc0 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• When babies 'drop' it means their head engages in the pelvis readying for delivery. Some babies don't drop until labor has begun. If it happens before then you usually feel a relief in the ability to breathe easier..but you also feel like there is a cocoanut between your legs. Your baby bulge will be noticably lower. You will feel less baby movement usually too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I've been having a lot of pressure in the pelvic area (I'm 35 wks) but I've been having it for a while. I think it doesn't happen til the end for most...
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• You will definitely KNOW. Believe me, it will feel like you have an anvil resting on your pelvis. hehe
    all joking aside....you will notice just by looking and touching your tummy....the baby's head is down and the entire baby is lower in your abdomen.
    this happened approx a month before my son was born. I was nearly two weeks late tho. it's different for everyone.
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 12:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Some women feel a lot of pressure in their pelvis, some breathe easier (literally), some you can tell just by looking. My first dropped 3 times in the last month (he dropped, then changed position, then dropped again, etc.). He was born at 39 weeks. My second didn't drop until active labor; she was born at 40 weeks.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sounds like she is making here way out... but every pregnancy is different to time frame I can't give... would guess within a week probably wrong though. A doctor or midwife can tell you for sure if baby has dropped.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 11:50 AM on Jun. 22, 2011