Do you get along with your husband's exwife?

When I first married my husband his children were 16 and 18 and he and his exwife did not get along and it made things very difficult. When my youngest step daughter had her son, my husband and his exwife put aside their differences for the sake of their kids and grandchildren. Ever since then we have all celebrated the holidays and birthdays together with my husband's exwife and her husband. We are now friends with them and they even went out to dinner with my husband and I for our 5th wedding anniversary. Most people think we are very strange but our kids never had to feel torn between their parents and it has set a great example for them.

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 12:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I was the same with my ex. It's best for the kids to leave the hard feelings behind. You are setting the best example for them.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sure but I don't trust her as far as I could throw her. She's not a normal person, and treated their daughter like dog crap, which makes it hard to like her.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Me and his ex wife are pretty good friends. She calls me instead of him when it comes to his daughter staying the night. She even asked me if I wanted to go with her this weekend to Tulsa (OK) to Incredible Pizza and take all the kids (my 3, the youngest is mine and her ex husbands, and her 1, my step daughter). I think we're good friends!!
    becky.wallin

Answer by becky.wallin at 12:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• They didn't have any children, so thankfully I don't have to get along with her.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 6:36 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My dh and I have never been married before each other (we were babies lol). But my dh's cousin and his ex wife and her dh are all good friends. His ex wifes new dh calls him his "husband in law" lol. It's been a blessing for their children and everyone is so happy! I think it's wonderful when everyone can get along!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011