Attention: water birthers!

I'm planning my second home birth but this time I want to aim for birthing IN the tub, not just using it for labor relief as I did with my DS.

Any tips? stories? water birth things I may not think of?
The midwives I may be using provide a tub so I don't think I'll have to buy one...but IF you did buy one, which one?

Thanks!

boomamma

Asked by boomamma at 12:17 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My sister didn't buy one her Doula had one. She did a La Boyer method birth for her last child. It was a much, much calmer quieter birth. She didn't have as much pain. I would love to be present at another. I didn't think much of it when she first told me. If I'm 100% honest..I attended the birth to ensure everyone stayed safe. (Once a nurse, always a nurse :) )
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my friend just bought a kid blow up pool and used that! she loved it! i cant wait to have one with our next baby!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I've had waterbirths and attended several more.
    Women use all sorts of tubs, depends on the setting, costs, etc...

I think you'll really like it!!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• can't answer your question because I am doing my first home birth but wanted to thank those who are giving you advice because when I asked for it on a home birth most wanted to tell me how horrible I was for even considering it. Shame on those who just want to be rude when someone wants help. Those of us how do... do home births don't wait until labor begins then say I'm staying home... we ask for advice, seek help, and get educated. Proud of your choice and good luck.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 11:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Thanks for the tips and coments!
    I'm glad to see that these have been supportive.

Mommy Aiken, just remember, anyone who has done the reading and has done well rounded research on the subject, knows that a professionally assisted HOME BIRTH with the right emergency back up is JUST as safe, if not safer in many cases, than typical American hospital birth. That being said, water can only make things better...as I call it "nature's epidural" ;P~

I thought of the kiddy pool thing...I just LOVE the cool birth tub that has the handles LOL
    I may just get an "end of summer" deal on a kiddy pool though...for back up, but it's the heating unit that is the cool thing.

boomamma

Comment by boomamma (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2011