My husband does NOT know how to talk to me. Possible TMI adult content

My husband says too much for one little thing. lets say he's in the mood he's gonna say a phrase long like my arm to say it. I told him just say you're horny plain and simple, maybe not when the kids are there but when we're alone. It comes in one way goes out the other... any tips to solve this problem? plus it doesn't put ME in the mood...

marinebrats

Asked by marinebrats at 12:39 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• You could say what you just told us plainly! If you have tried that, I would suggest getting him to be more active. Usually, that will increase a man's testosterone level and make him more aggressive.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• just explain when he says it like that you are no longer in the mood. and explain that is it fine to say Im horny!
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree with you - I'm not a prude by a long-shot but crude/crass talk would just turn me RIGHT off!! I would say that you're happy that you turn him on - could he find a more subtle way to tease you...that it might turn you on even more...!! Just a thought... ;0)
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 12:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My hubby is the same way- He'll say "I miss you", and I'm like WTF I'm sitting right here!?! Took me 2 years to figure out what he was trying to say! He's not a good dirty talker, either. He was raised very conservatively, and his first marriage was pretty bland sexually.
    Maybe the two of you need a signal, or a code word. Like lighting a certain candle in the bedroom, or just saying "I'm thinking Hot Dogs for dinner" (get it... hot dogs...) Good Luck!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Is he from the south? lol (being a southerner, I know how we can drag stuff out) lol. Maybe make up a "code word" for sex. My dh and I have a look we give each other lol, or our code word is "nap", as I never take one and when I say I'm going to take a nap, he knows what that means.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• he's from Ohio lol and that's a good idea
    marinebrats

Comment by marinebrats (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011