what should i get a kid with down syndrom for christmas?

what should i get a kid with down syndrom for christmas? his bday is on christmas eve so i need a gift 4 that 2

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well lets put it this way what would you get a child the same age without downssyndrome for christmas? and there you have your answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• You can always talk with his parents or friends and see what he has really been wanting to have for his Birthday or Christmas. I'm there are tons of ideas and if you take the Down Syndrome out of the equation you should be just fine. :O) Best wishes.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I totally agree with first answer...

doesnt matter if the child has down syndrome... It makes no difference. Every child loves toys. Get the baby whatever you would get a "healthy" baby too.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Toys! :) Fat Brain Toys has a wonderful selection of special needs toys. I use them often for my child. You didn't say how old the child is, but he may not even require 'special' toys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Blocks! Just about every baby loves blocks. You can stack them, throw them, build with them. They're safe, no moveable parts and not small enough to choke on. Since he's a baby I would reommend the peek-a-blocks, which have things inside them like animals or things that make noise.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 9:14 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• My uncle has down syndrome and he has always gotten close to the same thing as all of the other kids. Toys are good. My uncle is older now and we get him movies.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I think it depends on the child and their developmental age. Although I think something musical is always good... either that plays music or they can sing along.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:23 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Well, you didn't mention an age?? That would help. I usually buy age appropriate toys. ALL toys say on them what age they are for. I wouldn't worry so much about the Down Syndrome as much as I would worry about the age appropriateness of the toy. No "big boy" or "big girl" wants a baby toy. And their parents certainly don't want something that is wayyy to old for them (and may have small parts for them to choke on). Good luck!!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:24 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Talk to his parents or if you really know the baby get something that he will enjoy. Also you can't go wrong on books or educational toys.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• all kids like new colorbooks what is the favorite charector of the child ? spiderman dora or winnie the pooh find some cool markers a book a t-shirt kids are easy at that age try buying for teens
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 13, 2008