Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Who to contact about National Guard pay?

My husband has been doing split drill since Sept '10 and everything was working fine starting in March his original company started claiming they weren't getting the splitdrill certificates and they stopped paying him. He got a FB message telling him that he wasn't attending drill and that is why he wasnt getting paid. So, this gone gone all the way to the battalion level and they are still claiming they haven't the split drill certificates. Now they are saying that if he isn't at AT in 2 weeks that he will be counted as AWOL and demoted. Without his drill checks we can't afford to fly him to the home state. Who can he/I contact about this. He is owed for 9 days of drill so far. The reason he hasn't transferred to the new state lies within the slowness of the VAor he would have transferred already and we wouldn't be dealing with this. Thanks In Advance :)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • First off, I don't know why you hubs Co. is contacting him via FB. That is very unprofessional of his full-timer to tell him that way. I've been in six years and I have never heard of "split drill" is he only attending half of each drill weekend? What he really needs to do is find a guard unit in the state you live in and have them contact his parent company. He should be able to attend their drill until his IST goes through. How long ago did he put in for the transfer? And you mention the VA and how slow they are...what does the VA have to do with an he getting diability?

    Answer by courtcaton at 3:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • I would contact his first shirt or commander about this.....Ive never heard of split drills either, my hubby is air force reserve,before that he was active duty air force...I would also suggest you talk with legal on base, get them to advise you before it shows as awol...awol is a crime,benefits go bye bye very quickly..possibly including his va too....

    Answer by michaux at 5:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • He sustained injuries in Afghanistan that have to be fixed before he can be transferred to the new unit, the VA hasn't done anything about it. When he was demobing from active duty they said they wouldn't do anything about the injuries and he would have to contact the VA in the new state. He filled out the compensation paperwork to have the injuries seen about over a year ago and they still haven't done anything about it. With these not taken care of he can't pass a physical to be transferred. He attends his drill in the new state, the whole weekend and is not being paid for it. This issue has gone all the way above the unit commander and still nothing has been done about it.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • They can't charge him with being AWOL when he has proof he is attending drill. The new company wants him to attend AT with them but, the old company won't allow it.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.