Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


so i recently got a notice asking me if i want to review my childsupport case and see wether or not my ex their fathers income has changed. I of course filled it out and sent it back in and was just thinking me and his wife ( the girl he cheated on me with) will most likely be comming and as much as i have tried we just dont get along she constantly starts fights with me and deliberatly treats me like crap smart remarks on facebook. so with all of that said my question is when she does show up their will she be allowed in the room with me and my ex and the attorny generals office not court room. I live in texas? I dont think she will be allowed but I was just wandering. I honestly think she will cause problems and i just dont want to deal with it. Please if you know please let me know. thank you!!!!!!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • In most cases I don't believe this will end in a court hearing. They look at your income, his income, figure it out on a pre-determined chart, and you'll either get it or you don't. If you want to fight about it, then yes, you'll go to court, and you'll probably spend more money on lawyers than you'll get in support anyway!

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • my question was will she be allowed in the office. I know we prob wont go to court. but since she is his wife will she be allowed back in the private offices of the attorney general?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • She can go but it will be just you and him in the mediation room. If you dont agree then it goes in front of the judge. Why are you friends on facebbok if you dont get along?? Just block her and save yourself the bs

    Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • the only reason i am friends with her is because that is how we communicate when it comes to the kids and because the kids father refuses to step up and speak to me himself

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • He needs to if you have children together. If he wont speak to you directly can he txt? They are his children. We live in Texas also and have been to childsupport court enough for his son. I always go but only the parents of the child are allowed in. Then they go in front of the judge if both parties wont come to an agreement. I know my ss mother is only seeking a check and lives off the goverment and was asking an ungodly amount. They went in front of the judge with our laywer, my dh, and her. The judge pretty much put her in place and told her that my dh was doing what few do, he was ahead in childsupport pays more then the guidlines, and follows the orders. The judge signed a 3 year order. Our lawyer informed us that most childsupport cases only get review every 3 years. So no, dont worry she wont be allowed in the room and you can voice all concerns to the childsupport agent.

    Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • he is good at paying for them and in a decent father, and the only reason i wanted to get a review is cuz living expenses have gone up and so has minumum wages i just wanted it bumbed up to the new minumum wage amount. not much. I am also currently on the government but i am also going to school and trying to get my degree and get off of the government stuff. I hate it.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • IDK, but if she does "cause problems" can you just let them run off your back because your kids will be benefiting by the extra money. Some battles are worth the fight, especially when they are supervised battles! If you run from her, she will win the extra money and your kids will lose. That isn't right. Don't let your ex reward her for helping him be irresponsible for his children!

    Answer by SecondMom59 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.