my 6 year old daughter daid i want to wear these earrings for my funeral

psymom

Asked by psymom at 2:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oh dear god...
    Has she watched a movie recently having death in it?
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 2:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• That is disturbing. I guess talk to her about it, find out where that comment came from.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• i spoke to her about and she said that her imaginary friend who is bad told her to say that
    psymom

Answer by psymom at 2:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• she said her imaginary friend told her to say that
    psymom

Answer by psymom at 2:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My guess it she is just exploring the concept of death. Trying to understand it. I wouldn't make a big deal about it but you might ask her what she knows about funerals and if there is anything she's like to know more about.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Thank you for your answer. I spoke to my daughter and she said she watched a show that talked about that but did not know what funeral meant.
    psymom

Answer by psymom at 2:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• girlneffy WHY is your picture upside down? did you intend for it to be that way?
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 2:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My son, who is six, asks a lot of questions about Heaven, and what happens after you die. We talk about it, and sometimes he says that he can't wait to get to heaven!!!! He sometimes worries about when we're going to die, and who will die first, and all that. He wants to know why, if heaven is up, why do they bury us in the ground... I don't KNOW all the ANswers to these QUESTIONS!!! He wants to know if we'll get wings, like angels, and isn't it crowded in Heaven if everyone goes there when they die....

Anyway,you're not alone with these thoughts of death and dying. I guess it's natural.

How long has this "imaginary friend" been around???
    hammah

Answer by hammah at 10:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Her imaginary just started recently. Thank you for your response.
    psymom

Answer by psymom at 11:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2008