What are some wives tales about gender prediction that you found to be true?

BluDog

Asked by BluDog at 1:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I like this question because for some reason everyone thought i was having a boy but I had a girl. I even took one of those predicting tests and it said boy. She came out a very big baby, strong heartbeat, very thick bones. Our OB said her heartbeat sounded like a boy because it was so strong and steady. Girls tend to have a faster heartbeat?

I did notice that my food cravings were most like what they describe when you have a girl. I wanted sweet food all the time.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• None of them. Every thing that old wives tales predicted were totally inaccurate with my pregnancy!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i used the needle and thead thing it tells u the kids u have already ahd and wha u will have next u tap the needle between ur fingure and thumb in the crease then hold it over ur hand and let it go when it goes back in forth its a boy when it goes in circle its agirl. its all over youtube u can look it up bu i did it and mine went two boys then a girl my boys r right and im trying for the girl. its dose the same thing ever time i even did it to my sis and hers was right too. and if u r prego just do it over ur tummy and it say what ur havein.
    Creasman

Answer by Creasman at 1:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• None of the wives tales I ws told were true. Everything pointed boy but I had a girl. I had an ob who delivered babies for 20 years say "that's a slow heartbeat, if it's under 140 bpm it's always a boy." She even said she would bet her 20 yrs experience dd was a boy! The only indication I had was my favorite color went from baby blue to pink suddenly. Very odd. The gender prediction charts were wrong for me yet right for all my friends. I carried her right out in front like a basketball under my shirt, did not like anything sweet besides watermelon. This time everything is pointing girl so we will se what my favorite color becomes (lol).
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i luves thoses tales !!! well i don't beleive at all on this things but it makes things funny .... when i was kid i saw my grandma did some games to perdict my aint's bby gender .... some workes some not !!!! of course lolllll and all familly was around and we had laugh and lots of fun !!! i wish she stile alive to do the same with me .. i miss her and i miss her tales as well :(
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• The pencil hanging from the needle, except it said I'd have 5 and I have 1, but the gender of the first one was right.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• if you carry low,its a boy
    if you carry high its a girl........

i carried low with my 1st and it turned out to be a boy...
    i carried high with my second and it turned out to be a girl....
    i craved sweets with baby #1 and it was a boy
    i craved everything with baby #2 and it was a girl.....

point is,some wives tales work for some people,some dont.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I was really sick and I got ugly while pregnant.. people say a girl makes u sick and a girl sucks the beauty from u lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2011