I suspect we have people on here just fooling around with us.

I've always thought that some of the anon remarks or questions are posted by teenage boys or girls just playing around, but lately some of the Questions are so explicit and don't really need a reply that I am pretty sure that there are some college kids, or even mature (??) men or women who are just here to poke fun at us. When I read a detailed and sexually explicit message asking for what would you say and so forth, it really raises my suspicions. I am not talking about the posters who have a sexually related question, just those that go overboard with a lot of extra detail. I wouldn't want to censor anyone, especially those who could use advice or help. And maybe I am the last one to have this dawn on them about the "players." Or maybe I am wrong. I don't think that removing the anon feature would help, it is easy enough to register and even to use a fake picture. What do you think, are my suspicions wrong?

Asked by Bmat at 8:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Anywhere you post online is subject to teen/college antics I think. And well, it is about time for many to be out of school for break right? Thats why I try and just ignore the ignoramus.

Answer by gemgem at 9:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• This is probably one of the most truthful things I've ever heard anyone say on here.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• any public website ie. cafemom, myspace, myyearbook ect. .... you never know who's behind that profile and with the public answer option on here with the anon.. i don't trust anyone to be who they say they are

unless you make a sign with the date and your name on it we can't tell who you are
    rachael596

Answer by rachael596 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• does it reallly matter? i mean really?
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It's mostly gamers, teenage boys. They have forums where they challenge each other to come to this site and create a profile and then mess with people and start trouble. I've actually tracked several of them down and reported them not only to this site, but to their own site admins. I'm posting anon cause I don't want the little buggers bothering me...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Of course it's true. It is true in ALL online sites. Haven't you ever noticed the players, nasty comments, rude questions get worse over the summer, spring break and christmas break?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• LOL! No, I guess I am just naive. Thank you all for your responses.

Answer by Bmat at 11:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2008