Keeping my child asleep?

does anyone know how i ca keep my soon to be 3 yr old staying asleep at night he always wakes up at 2 in the moarning witch is now he crys and comes to find me y does he do this? mabey cause he knows im not beside him? im in the prosess of getting him to sleep on his own well with his brother in there room he went to sleep in there today but has awoke once again.????????

Creasman

Asked by Creasman at 2:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When children are three they really begin to notice many a lot things in the world around them that they didn't notice before. This can often leave them feeling insecure or scared. It's common to wake at this age with minor nightmares. You can take him back to his bed and lay with him maybe that will keep him in his bed and feeling secure, then leave when you can. Maybe a night light? Good Luck & remember although this is difficult to wake up at two a.m. it's only a blink of the eye in the years of raising to come, this phase will pass
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 2:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i never thought of it that way.... i would love to keep him in my bed i love seeping with him but i dont want him to get used to it my brother was 15 yr old before he got outta my moms bed lol....
    Creasman

Comment by Creasman (original poster) at 2:19 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Has he always slept with you from birth till now? Thats a long time, so he has to unlearn what he is now used to, so its going to take some time, your just going to have to be consistant with putting him back in his bed no matter how long it takes, it will prob only take a couple of nights if you stick to it, when he realizes your just not going to put him back in bed with you he will start to accept his new sleeping place.....Good Luck!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• no not sence birth he started climbing outta his crib when he was almost two yr old. his mamaw thought it would be cool to let him sleep with her one night and then it had to e that way he would sleep no other way needless to say i wanted to hoke her..... but he wakes up round the same time and is up right now im going to keep trying to get him to sleep in his own bed his 20 month old brother has never slept with me and he does great but he sleeps all through the night at his mamaws too..........
    Creasman

Comment by Creasman (original poster) at 2:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2011