JOB SEARCHING

Does anyone know any good web sites to check for jobs on??

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 2:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have a few suggestions (I do career and job search coaching):

Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Go to indeed.com or just go on craigslist.com
    Mamita2718

Answer by Mamita2718 at 3:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It has been a long time since I was job hunting. When I did years ago I used sites like www.monster.com, www.careerbuilder.com, www.indeed.com and also the local newspaper. Sometimes local tv stations websites will list jobs as well. Good luck in your search :)
    reach4thestars

Answer by reach4thestars at 2:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Monster.com and your local online newspapers.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 4:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would say craigslist, but I cannot stand the flood of direct selling they have on their now.

Check out this site: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-49-best-ways-to-find-a-job-in-todays-horrible-economy-2010-2
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 10:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• apply.examiner.com
    Examiner.com is searching for writers on a variety of topics ranging from book publishing to skateboarding. Check out our list of local titles and apply for one that fits your interests. Also, be sure to use this link when you apply, as I'll make an extra $50 if you're accepted as an Examiner. Note: click step 1 tab at the top of the page to pick your area of choice!

artsygirl2010

Answer by artsygirl2010 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If you have a list of places that are local to you, check their individual websites..lots of times they have a careers link somewhere to allow you to apply directly from their page...you should also check craigslist, and your local employment security commission...and dont rule out temp agencies.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2011