Is there any moms to be that have type 2 Diabetes? And how has it been being pregnant and dealing with this?

MrsQuintana

Asked by MrsQuintana at 2:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was diagnosed with Type 2 when I was 6 weeks pregnant. I was prediabetic for 5 years and the pregnancy pushed me into being a diabetic. I joined a website called Diabetic Connect which has been a lifesaver! How long have you been diabetic? I'm not on insulin but after my next check up I have a feeling I will be. I'm having a hard time eating enough calories and carbs while maintaining my blood sugar. I have my good days and my bad days. Sometimes its hard to check my glucose 2 hours after a meal because i catch myself snacking during those 2 hours which can make my glucose less accurate. I dont know if I'm really answering your question but feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do!
    plaidgirl28

Answer by plaidgirl28 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Thanx for replying!! :) I have been diabetic for a year now...I'm 25 weeks pregnant and it has been soo hard not being able to enjoy the junk food or sweets. lol Also im always worried when i go to my doctor appointments because one appointment will go good and then i worry the next!!! Its soo STRESSFUL!!!!! But i know in the end it will be well worth it!!!!
    MrsQuintana

Comment by MrsQuintana (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• @plaidgirl28 I have the SAME problem with checking my sugars I am 15 weeks going on 16 and sometimes I find myself if not snacking before the 2 hours sleeping!
    I am currently on insulin and my first week after being on it I did well but after that not so well.
    loveshai

Answer by loveshai at 2:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2011