Bladder infection??? adult content

I've been having this pain in the lower left part of my abdomen since Friday. It is a very bad, sharp pain that has progressively gotten worse. I had a c-section May 23 ( I don't know if it is at all related). I don't go see my doctor until July 8 but I tried to make an appointment there yesterday but they couldn't fit me in. So, I went to the ER. The ER doctor checked my urine and done a CT scan to see if it was a kidney stone. The doctor ended up telling me I had a bladder infection. I have had kidney stones before and bladder infections, neither of which this feels like to me. I'm just kind of nervous because I honestly don't feel like this was the right diagnosis and I wan't them to treat the right thing. I think I am going to see if I can get an appointment at my doctor's office within the next few days. But I was just wondering if anyone knows what the problem could possibly be? Does it sound like a bladder infection? Thanks so much for the help.

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 3:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Health

• You didn't mention frequent urination as a symptom, so I'm going to say no, this does NOT sound like a bladder infection.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No, I haven't had any kind of frequent urination or anything like that. Also, I haven't had any kind of back pain which I know goes along with a bladder infection and kidney stones.
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 3:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It's hard to say...just based on bladder infections I've had though. There's always the frequent urination and some burning when I do go and also can be an odor in the urine from infection. It's a definite pungent odor that's identifiable, I think, along with other 2 symptons. I'm not a doctor and I've never had kidney stones but you have and you don't feel like that. I would definitely go see your doctor.
    I had an ER doctor treat me for pink eye when it was no such thing. My eye was swollen shut and it turned out after 3 doctors and a brain scan, it was a clogged sinus cavity (in forehead area) that was causing my eye to swell shut. It took me 8 weeks to find that out, waiting on appts, waiting on antibiotics to work etc. My Neurologist knew immediately, it just took forever to get in. GOOD luck...I hope you get better, that's no fun.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• http://www.abdopain.com/lower-left-abdominal-pain.html

Here's a link: it DOES say kidney stone afterall..is a possibility. ???
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• When I got a kidney stone it felt like I was punched in the stomach. Nothing ever felt wrong with my bladder or pee.
    Does your back hurt at all?

Do you still have your appendix?
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 12:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Well, the CT scan I had turned up no result of kidney stones. But no, my back doesn't hurt at all and yes, I do still have my appendix.
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011