CAN YOU MISSCARRY AND NOT EVEN KNOW IT?

I've had an Iud in place for almost a year I have a 11 month old and I breast feed so I dont have a period. Recently I've been having trouble with my Iud when ever I have sex I spot for a few days. well I had sex 3 days ago and the next day I had heavy bright red bleeding..... here I am three days later and its the same Im not cramping usually when I get my period I cramp a bit this doesn't feel like a period to me. I told my doctor about the problem she said its normal Im just not lubbed enough???? I dont know??

MizfitMommy

Asked by MizfitMommy at 4:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• From what I have read, many woman miscarry before even knowing they are pregnant and dismiss it as a period...

So it is possible although I am not sure in your case. I have only ever miscarried once, and I had cramps similar to beginning to get painful labour cramps for about an hour before I passed the "baby". I was only about 6 weeks along though.
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 4:46 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yes I believe it is possible. Did you take a test? Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:00 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yes it is possible. I had an odd very painful and heavy period two weeks before I was do for another one (missed a period as well) At first I passed it off as a late period due to stress. I was still having pain; took a pregnancy test a week after the miscarriage. It came out positive. Went to Dr's; no baby but there was a placenta I had to have a D&C to remove it. My uterus was measuring in at 12 weeks pregnant!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 6:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• what iud do u have? yes it is possible..but when i had my i nvr even got perggers i did have the bright bleeding from time to time and was brought on by sex...i had the merina for 2+yrs and its like a 2% chance of conseving while useing an iud and less than a 1% chance after the 1st yr..hope that helps any gl
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2011