Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Who is responsible? The city or apt complex??

So there has.been a light pole in my apt complex thats been out for over a year. Its really dark and the.other light poles are.all very dim and tjere arent too many ligjts here. Well the ONE light pole by the parking lot which is about 60 ft. from my apt door got knocked down by a car or something. Its now soooo dim I cant even see the cars in the lot. Honestly its a perfect spot for someone to hide out and sntch someone now. All in all, ots just creepy. I always call someonw whem walking to my apt at night. Anyway would it b the city tjat is rwsponsible ro replave, or thw complex? Tjeyre the really really tall street light tupe of lights. (i apologize.for my spelling its hard to type on my touch screen)

Answer Question

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

Level 20 (9,279 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • It sounds like it's the electric companies job based on description of light pole.

    Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • It might depend on if the road is a public way or a private drive. Call the city and ask. They will know.

    Answer by whitepeppers at 6:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • I agree call the City and they should be able to help you

    Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • Call the city. Most of the time it is their lights and someone actually has to make a report for them to change them. Just be aware, I live in the country and have a light on my power pole. I have the option of having it turned on or not. I have to pay for it to run. I live in the country so I can have peace and quiet and see the stars, so I don't want the light on. It's possible that the apartment complex also has to foot the bill to run these lights since it is lighting up their property, not the street and they do not want to pay.

    Answer by attap5 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • Find out whose pole it is. The super at your complex might know. Whomever owns the pole needs to change the bulb. Since it's a safety issue, you might be able to get the city to fix it and then bill the apartment complex, but you do need to first notify the complex (if it's theirs) and give them some time to get things working right.


    Answer by JSD24 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • I would start with my complex then go from there..good luck and be careful out there

    Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.