I need ideas!!

I am pregnant and have an awful cold with terrible sinus pressure. I can't take anything! How do I keep my 2 year old enertained today while I pass out on the couch or spend my day with my head in the toilet??? I don't have anybody around today to help either .... And we have his 2 year old check up today at the drs - such bad timing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Tylenol..and lots of water!! I dont know how you would entertain a 2 yr old if your passed out, but try to get your rest while he or she is getting their rest..!
    MissAmazingg

Answer by MissAmazingg at 5:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• oh and movies and toys for the baby
    MissAmazingg

Answer by MissAmazingg at 5:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• http://www.newsinuspressurerelief.com/
    Saline wash , for sinus if you can't take anything. It works wonderfully. It's not permanent but will give hours of relief. Enough to get you through doctors visit.
    The rest....well, you should be resting now so you aren't tired all day,LOL ..Bad timing is part of being a Mom. It's my life story sometimes.
    GL!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 5:36 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• oh !! feel sorry for ya that you can't get any help for ur baby .... for ur bby cartoon movies and for ya Tylenol ..hope u'll feel better 2morrow
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm assuming that you'd already rescheduled the pediatrician's appointment. The best way to recuperate from a cold/sinus is by resting and relaxing.
    About entertaining your 2 yo. TV comes to mind. There a very good number of interactive shows for the little one on TV.
    Also you could take a bath with your child.
    Maybe putting your child in the stroller when it is time for the nap and going for a short walk might help you to relax a little bit.
    Hope you feel better!
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 6:39 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Put the baby in a playpen (if you have one) to keep them safe; give them toys and turn on a colorful musical TV show if you can find one. always worked for my kids. good luck! (((hugs)))
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 6:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Cancel the check up and see if you can get a netti pot to deal with your sinuses. See if your doctor is OK with your taking Tylenol. Is there another kid in your neighborhood (age 10 or so) who can come over and entertain your 2-year-old. I had a bunch of sinus infections and was on antibiotics with my last pregnancy.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2011