itchy belly

So, I was using Cocoa Butter for a while but then realized that when I would use it, my belly would get irritated and itch, but only my belly. I also rubbed it on "my girls" but they didn't get irritated at all. So, I switched to just using Vitamin C Lotion instead. I've been using it every day and so far no itch but I started getting small stretch marks, like super small. I was afraid they would get worse and so I went and tried to use Cocoa butter again last night. When I woke up this morning, my belly was once again itchy and covered with little pink dots! UGH!!

Did this happen to anyone else? What would you suggest as a substitute?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 9:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Deal with the stretch marks. most of us have them. I'm on my third so tey are horrible. Cause if you use the cocoa butter and you itch your going to get them anyway. you get them when you itch because it is helping to stretch the skin. Sorry thats all i can tell you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• honestly.. if you are going to get stretch marks you're just gonna! like me.. I used every type lotion out there.. seriously... and I never scratched my itchy belly... and my tummy looks like a road map!
    ( I only gained 28 lbs) Sounds like you maybe have some sort of allergy to cocoa butter... It's strange that it doesn't happen to the girls!!! good luck I'm not much help!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 9:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It is gonna sound weird and gross but an older woman I work with told me when I was pregnant to use Crisco grease! Yep I know but I didnt. Her daughter did and she only has one thin strech mark so it might work for you. She said put it on before bed with an old night shirt so your good pj's wont get ruined.
    mommymomo07

Answer by mommymomo07 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• mommy marks are the best...embrasse them
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• cocoa butter will not stop stretch marks, it just keeps your skin tight and more elasticy so it can bounce back better. my stomach got SUPER itchy and i would get hives all over my belly. i have stretch marks, but theres nothing i can do about it ya know. i used eucerin calming cream adn aveeno itch relief to help with the itchiness.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 10:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Don't scratch you'll get stretch marks anyways, i tried everything but i also gained way to much weight, I also had a horrible rash on my belly and legsi scratched all the time and still have a few scars from it i tried this lotion called calming cream to help dry skin and it seemed to work ,as long as i sat on my hands after applying it lol
    MonicaGreer21

Answer by MonicaGreer21 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• yeah dont scratch thats what happend to me when i ws pregnant with my for year old
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Try clear mineral oil. It's at the drugstore, near the stsupositories & laxatives.
    25beengoodtome

Answer by 25beengoodtome at 3:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Thanks everyone :)
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 1:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2008