i can't shake the nausea all day long nausea....

its draining me, it makes me feel unbelievably vulnerable....i need help bad, but i refuse to take meds

aurellerusso

Asked by aurellerusso at 9:45 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• just wondering why no meds?
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 9:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• try ginger ale and crackers.. it worked for me.. i ate and drank that all day long! I was very sick my entire pregnancy.. and I'm a nurse, and have a 2 year old.. so you can imagine how hard it was!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 9:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• How far along are you?
    If you're still in the 1st trimester, I know this won't help, but the best advice I can give to you is to just stick it out. It sucks, to say the very least, but it will be over soon. Once you get to the 2nd trimester, you'll be done with the nausea and you'll have so much energy!! Just hope for the best, take long hot baths (they relaxed me and kept my mind away from feeling sick, it really helped) and I found that if I started to gag or dry heave.. then drinking something would always help. There wasnt a single time through my first trimester that I didn't have a bottle of water near me, it would help the nausea as well.

Good luck!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• So am i. It sucks doesn't it?
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Try motion sickness bracelets! They worked great for me! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I would ask your dr. my friend is having the same problem he gave her phinagrin(SP?) I dont recommend the med while you are pregnant but he gave it to her so you could always ask. It works for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I am 10 weeks pregnant, so yes I'm still in my first trimester, i am trying everything, i and my husband would rather i not take medications, just because we feel very strongly against that. i tried crackers, ginger makes me sick, small meals, ginger ale is starting to make me sick...nothing really helps, i find throwing up makes me feel better, but i am afraid of depriving my baby of any nutrients.
    aurellerusso

Answer by aurellerusso at 10:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• You won't be depriving your baby if you throw up, I promise. If you were, there would be millions of sick babies out there because most of us have to go through morning sickness =] I puked more times than I can count. I found that ginger root pills (they're all-natural, no medication) helped me when everything else failed.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:17 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• your not depriving him of anything! he is getting everything he needs!! I had it bad in both pregnancies., and both of my babies were perfectly healthy!!! It just became a daily routine.. wake up , throw up, shower, brush my teeth, throw up again.. go to work throw up... Once iIate breakfast I was fine... until i got hungry mid morning. It was usually just heaving... I never really threw up after I ate.. hopefully you will be better as soon as your first trimester is over. Also Phenergen, and Zofran are perfectly safe . I prefer zofran. these medications are not absorbed by the placenta as much as others and, to my knowledge, do not affect the baby.. You don't have to take it every day or all the time... just when it's really bad...It's worth it. Good luck to you both!!!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• also, as lo0ng as you aren't losing weight large amts of weight. having persistent headaches. and feeling very weak.. you should be ok!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2008