Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax question???

For those that use private babysitters. When you do your taxes do you have to give them the name of the babysitter or just the amount that you paid?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • You have to give their social securtiy number as well as the name of the person. I had a huge issue with this the first year of DS's life, I didn't think to ask about tax time, and found out that she was not reporting it as income, so it was a huge loss for us. You need to talk to your daycare provider right now, to make sure that everything is going to be legit!

    Answer by kimigogo at 8:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • PS- if you are talking about babysitting here and there or for a night,, you can't take it off your taxes.

    Answer by kimigogo at 8:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • Thanks!!!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2011